2010 STAR Conference
Held Wednesday, 24 March 2010, The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
Conference papers are listed below by topic. Papers are in PDF format.
- Mitigating Transport's Climate Change Impact in Scotland: Assessment of Policy Options - Steven Fraser, Atkins Sam Anson, Scottish Government
- Designing Streets - Polnoon The Case Study - Ali Malik, Waterman Boreham; Susie Stirling, Scottish Government
- Impact of the Recession on The Rail Sector and Its Response - Chris Heywood and Rob Sheldon, Accent; Ben Condry, ATOC
- Rural Accessibility: a Bus, a Man, a Van and a Sofa! - Dr Rebecca Johnson and Jon Parker, Integrated Transport Planning; Malcolm Craig, Commission for Rural Communities
- Transport - A Cross Cutting Issue - Alan Murray and John Walls, Strathclyde Partnership for Transport
- The Wider Economic Benefits of High Speed Rail in Scotland - Peter Fuller, John Godwin, Iain Paton, Halcrow Group Limited
- Accidents on Rural Roads - For Better or Worse - Dr James Laird, University of Leeds; Russell Harris, RPS, Co Cork, Ireland; Dr Shujie Shen, University of Leeds
- Leveraging The Differences In Crash Profiles Of Fleet Drivers Using Motor Insurance Claims Data - Phil Darby, Edinburgh Napier University; Dr Will Murray, Interactive Driving Systems; Prof. Stephen Ison, Loughborough University; Dr Mohammed A Quddus, Loughborough University
- Beyond The Numbers: Exploring The Wider Benefits and Indicators of Successful Personalized Travel Planning Through Real Life Case Studies - Scott Gibson, East Renfrewshire Council; John Geelan, Steer Davies Gleave; Kirsty Davison, Steer Davies Gleave
- Changing The Mindset - A Smarter Approach To Scottish Transport - Derek Halden, DHC; Jillian Anable, Aberdeen University; Michael Young, Scottish Government Ian Maxwell, Scottish Government
- The Role of Personalized Travel Planning as a Sustainable Transport Strategy: Evidence from Dundee - Neil Gellatly, Dundee City Council; Caley Slidders, JMP Consultants Ltd
- Understanding Walking Networks to Enable Smarter Choices in Transport Planning in Dundee - Gillian Iversen, Atkins
- iCycle - June Graham, Argyll and Bute Council
- Smarter Choices, Smarter Places - KIST: Kirkwall Independent Sustainable Travel - Lynda McClurg, Atkins
- Decriminalised Parking Enforcement - the South Lanarkshire Experience - Donald Gibson, South Lanarkshire Council
- The Economic Impact of Traffic Signals and the Effect of Removing Traffic Control Regulations at Road Junctions in the UK - John Siraut and Keith Firth, Colin Buchanan
- Urban and Inter-Urban Provision of Journey Times - Alistair Malcolm, City of Edinburgh Council; Andrew Reid, Halcrow Group Limited
Transport and Climate Change
- Carbon Measurement and Management for Transport Infrastructure - Henry Collin, Transport Scotland; John Fox, Halcrow Group Ltd.
- Land Use and Transport Intergration in Scotland (LATIS) - A National Carbon Footprint - Jeff Davidson and Kevin Lumsden, MVA Consultancy; Stephen Cragg, Transport Scotland